Smart Lists filters and one-to-many custom objects question

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

Smart Lists filters and one-to-many custom objects question

We have a custom object which has history data for each lead.  I've got a filter set to exclude the custom records where some field is not in a list of items.

But I'm seeing results which include the other custom records for the same lead.

Example:  John Jones has 2 history records.  One of them has a "last sold" date of last week.  The other has a "last sold" date of 6 months ago. (made up fields for explaining).

My smart list includes anything that has a last sold date before 90 days.

John Jones shouldn't come up, because he was last sold last week, but he is because one of his history records is 6 months ago.

Is there a fix for this?  I guess what I'm looking for is an "Exclude" filter instead of an "Include" filter.

Alternatively, is there a way to have the smart filter just use the last (or first) history record?

Message was edited by: Jason Terrell

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Lists filters and one-to-many custom objects question

Hey Jason - The way I'm reading this, it seems like John Jones SHOULD come up because he was sold in the last 90 days. If he didn't have the sold last week record, then he wouldn't come up because 6 months is AFTER 90 days.

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

I'm sorry but you're reading it incorrectly.

I want to have him -not- come up -because- he was sold in the last 90 days.  This list is intended to be of people who -haven't- been sold in 6 months. 

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

Found out how to do it.  Didn't realize before that you can reference a smart list in a smart list.  It's in the Special Filter area.

Create two smart lists.  The first one is the list of people who match that have been sold in the last 90 days.

The second list is of people who aren't in the first list.