SOLVED

Smart Lists: Definition Needed for Past 30 Days versus Past 1 Month

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Lists: Definition Needed for Past 30 Days versus Past 1 Month

Does anyone know the specific differences between these filters?

For example, I have pulled counts for "Was Sent Email" and compared these two criteria. The counts were different by around 40 records. 

The "Past 30 Days" filter will clearly pull records from 30 days preceding the date of the pull. However, the "Past 1 month" could refer to 3 different results:
  1. Every record who "Was Sent Email" in the month of the preceding day. In this example, that would be January 1-30th. 
  2. Every record who "Was Sent Email" in the month which procedes the month of the day in which the pull occurred. In this example, it would be the entire month of December
  3. Every record who was "Sent Email" in the number of days of the current month. In this example, it would be in the past 31 days, which sort of makes sense based on the counts. 
If anyone knows definitively which it is, I would be grateful! 

-Laura
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Lists: Definition Needed for Past 30 Days versus Past 1 Month

Laura,

Unfortunately I am not 100% positive but I would personally assume that it would pull all leads from December, if you were running the smart list in January.

If you want to feel more confident about about your list I would suggest the In Time Frame filter.  Here you have filters such as This Month and Last Month which are much more descriptive as to what your results will be.

Patrick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laura,

Unfortunately I am not 100% positive but I would personally assume that it would pull all leads from December, if you were running the smart list in January.

If you want to feel more confident about about your list I would suggest the In Time Frame filter.  Here you have filters such as This Month and Last Month which are much more descriptive as to what your results will be.

Patrick
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1, Patrick 🙂

Though it did not precisely answer my question, the In Time Frame filter is exactly what we need for this. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use the Past 30 days and Past month Date of Activity constraints on Feb 1, "Past 30 days" would go back to Jan 2, where "Past month" would include the entire month of January.