Smart List - export time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart List - export time

I am currently trying to export a smart list which contains 1300 leads. So far I haven't had any success.
Could someone else try to export a list of approx 1000 leads from their instance of Marketo and give me an idea of how long it took? Minutes or hours?
Our instance of Marketo is so slow that it's hard to get work done.
Thanks!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart List - export time

Create a ticket for support. It takes me like 3 minutes to export 25k leads. I don't dump every field, only like 15, but it still shouldn't take as long as what you're describing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tamara-
I agree with Adam - unless you are trying to do a full export, 1300 should take about 5 minutes max. 

Do you know how to customize your views (before exporting) on a smart list/campaign?  That might be the issue.  

The only other time that I've seen this almost never ending process happen is when you are not permissioned to do something within the systyem - instead of telling you "No you are not allowed to do so", it gives you the false sense of security that you are able to execute the action but then it hangs indefinitely.

Ping me if you want any help!
Brigid
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was exporting visible columns only of which there are only about 5. 
I think there's definatelty a problem with our instance. I will create a ticket and see what they say.
Is it also really quick for you to select follow up pages for your forms?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tamara-
For five columns, you should have that export in just a few minutes.  For selecting the follow-up page on forms, that is almost instantaneously. 

What browser/OS are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on a Mac and have thus far tried all broswers except for IE.
I have never seen anything happen instantaneously so sounds like it's time to get in touch with support.
Thanks for your feedback!
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You say your instance is slow, Is your smart list have complex querying? Do you have a large DB that it has to query against?