Smart List Views & Constraints

Erin_Cavanaugh
Level 3

Smart List Views & Constraints

Hi,

I want to create a default view of a Smart List that specifically looks at NAICs information.

The NAICs information that is available to add as a column heading isn’t really helpful (first screen shot)

The information that I want to add as column headings are the following highlighted in yellow in second screen shot.

The NAICs Name and Sector Name are more human readable and what I’m interested in.

But they are ‘constraints’ so they aren’t options as column headings (third screen shot)

Is there a way to make constraints column headings?

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Smart List Views & Constraints

Hi Erin,

I gather that NAIC are custom objects. This explains why these columns are only constraints in the "has NAIC" filter and not lead fields.

If so, no you cannot make these columns in a lead view.

Furthermore, the way you data schema is setup, it means that each lead might be linked to more than one NAIC. So, in this case, which one would you like to be displayed?

-Greg

Erin_Cavanaugh
Level 3

Greg,

Thanks for getting back to me.

These NAICs fields (NAICs code, NAICs name, Sector Name) all come from CRM. I'm not sure how they are set up. Would they have to be set up differently in order to not show as constraints?

I thought that a contact could only be associated with 1 NAICs...which would be the NAICs that is associated with their company.

What I'm basically trying to see is a holistic view of contacts in Marketo and what NAICs they are associated with. I know I can easily pull a Smart List that looks our specific NAICs, but is there any way to look at this holistically?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Erin,

Then, if a contact can be associated with only 1 NAIC, it should be possible to have this information to be replicated on the lead/contact or account objects in SFDC (with either formula fields or triggers). Once these appear as lead/contact or account fields, they will also appear as lead fields in SFDC and you will be able to display them in views.

Most of the work needs to be done by the SFDC admin.

-Greg