SOLVED

Re: Smart List Questions

Go to solution
Jessie_Coluccio
Level 3

Smart List Questions

Morning Community,

Sorry I feel like these answers may be obvious but I have gone down a rabbit hole searching and reading and it's driven me a little mad.

1. Can a contact be in more than 1 smart list?

A little voice in the back of my head says "no" but I can't find the documentation to back it up.

2. If I have a roadshow and I import a list from excel into the event program as "members" do they then become a part of my data base?

Thanks so much, apologies if they are super easy!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cody_Haener
Level 3

Hi Jessie,

People can belong to more than one smart list. They will be included in any smart list they qualify for based on the filters you use. You might be thinking of segments. A person can only belong to one segment within a segmentation.

And yes, once you import the list into your events program, those people become part of your database.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cody_Haener
Level 3

Hi Jessie,

People can belong to more than one smart list. They will be included in any smart list they qualify for based on the filters you use. You might be thinking of segments. A person can only belong to one segment within a segmentation.

And yes, once you import the list into your events program, those people become part of your database.

Jessie_Coluccio
Level 3

Yes absolutely I was thinking of segments!

Thank you for the response- makes a lot more sense now.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Jessie,

One person ( lead ) can be a part of more than 1 smart lists,depending on the criteria it qualifies. Say, you create a smart list A with criteria " email address is abc@abc.com" and in smart list B you say " Lead score is greater than 10", now if lead " abc@abc.com" has lead score more than 10 it qualifies for both the smartlists.

Also, anything imported in the program will create a new lead unless it is an existing lead. In case an existing lead is there in database it updates the information of that lead if any.