SOLVED

Re: Smart CampaignCampaign Priorities

Go to solution
Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Smart CampaignCampaign Priorities

We've recently run into a few issues with our Marketo backlog, assuming due to a number of changes involving more "request campaign" flows. I remember Marketo used to have documentation on this, but it looks like the page isn't there anymore: http://community.marketo.com/apex/MarketoResource%3Fid%3DkA650000000GsQqCAK

Does anyone know where there is a list of Marketo's campaign priorities in the queue?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Here's the smart campaign priorities based on the first flow step. Those are all relative scores (in the Priority column), so the real numbers don't matter, just the relative order.

pastedImage_2.png

My understanding is that, when the priority numbers are equal, the timing of smart campaigns being fired determines the order they're executed.

Cheers,

Edward Unthank | Founder, Etumos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

highest priority -> campaigns with either send email or send alert as first flow step in campaign

medium priority -> campaigns with request campaign as first flow step

lowest priority -> all other campaigns.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What exactly is the problem? How many campaigns are running and what's the breakdown of each type? Support can run a quick table on this too.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Aubrey Morgan

From what you have mentioned, looks like there are campaigns running in a daisy chain series. We have run into issues like these in the past, and I am not sure if MKTO support will be able to help you much. The best way is to break down your batch campaigns into smaller segments and run them during the night time and over the weekends. There is no way you can manually set the campaign priorities for campaigns.

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Here's the smart campaign priorities based on the first flow step. Those are all relative scores (in the Priority column), so the real numbers don't matter, just the relative order.

pastedImage_2.png

My understanding is that, when the priority numbers are equal, the timing of smart campaigns being fired determines the order they're executed.

Cheers,

Edward Unthank | Founder, Etumos