Re: Smart Campaign to remove Marketing Suspended status

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign to remove Marketing Suspended status

I've read through several of the previous discussions regarding Marketing Suspended and didn't quite what I was looking for so throwing this out to the group. I have a list from a tradeshow who have not opted in to receive our emails.  My thought was to tag them with Marketing Suspended to make sure they don't receive any of our Marketo emails.  However, I'd like Marketing Suspended to be removed if the person takes action on their own (registers for a webinar or some other form). So does it make sense for me to create a trigger campaign that triggers off of a form completion? Or is there some other trigger that makes more sense? Any suggestions are welcome!  Thanks.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have dealt with something similar...we've received lists from tradeshows that we are only allowed to use once, but if they respond and interact with us we're allowed to keep them in our database. To solve this problem, I turned off my Sync To Salesforce smart campaign, imported the list, and then turned it back on. When the Sync to Salesforce smart campaign is off, you can import a list and it will not be added to your database, the list will just live remotely in Marketo. When you turn it back on, your sync will begin running normally again. I hope that's helpful.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could set it so that

If Unsubscribe becomes FALSE, set Marketing Suspended=FALSE

Just because they register for a webinar, doesn't mean they want email. So you you should make sure your forms have an opt in field.