SOLVED

Smart Campaign Wait Steps Not Working

Go to solution
Tom_Hemy
Level 1

Smart Campaign Wait Steps Not Working

Has anyone else had an issue with Wait Steps not working in their Smart Campaigns? I've set up many Smart Campaigns, and just had a problem now.

To summarise:

- I set up an Email Send to deliver contacts an email at 11:27am in their local time zone.

- A Smart Campaign was activated with a trigger "Was Delivered this email".

- The first item in the Smart Campaign was a Wait Step for "6 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes".

- A follow-up email would then be sent.

However, the wait steps of the Smart Campaign did not register at all which resulted in contacts receiving both emails at the same time (well, within minutes of each other). Everything else in the Smart Campaign worked (I had "Add to List" and "Remove From Flow" functions in there as well), just not the Wait Steps. Contacts also entered the Smart Campaign as intended.

Can anyone provide possible reasons/solutions?

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

Re: Smart Campaign Wait Steps Not Working

I'm wondering if the commas in the wait step are causing it to fail. You might try plugging in 10,024 minutes and see if it works. Or since this is an email batch and you're sending everyone the follow up email at the same time you could instead try using a specific date in the wait step: Use a Specific Date in a Wait Flow Step - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation . 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

I'm wondering if the commas in the wait step are causing it to fail. You might try plugging in 10,024 minutes and see if it works. Or since this is an email batch and you're sending everyone the follow up email at the same time you could instead try using a specific date in the wait step: Use a Specific Date in a Wait Flow Step - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation . 

Tom_Hemy
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I did a couple of tests and it does seem like this is the case. Thanks a lot! I have set up Smart Campaigns like this in the past and it did work, but doesn't seem to be working now. Whereas when there's just a single unit of time (e.g. 1 hour) it works.

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Tracey's right, you can't mix time units like this. Choose a multiple of minutes.