Smart Campaign Trigger not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign Trigger not working

Hello,

I sent out an A/B test today for two whole body emails. With that I created two smart campaigns - one for people who clicked the link in the email add them to list A, people who filled out the form, put them in list B. I tested it out before I sent it to make sure both smart campaigns were working, it worked for me and added me to the appropriate list.

I did see the link performance report and saw that people had click the link, I was wondering why it wasn't working and why people weren't being added to the list.

Not sure if it had to do with A/B Testing...

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Campaign Trigger not working

It could be that people are clicking the link more than once?

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

hmm, I don't think it's that?

What do you mean? You don't think the trigger will work if it's clicked more than once?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the question.  I think the problem is in the SmartList you are creating for list B.  You must have mismatched the URL it is listening for.  I would look more closely at that

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

The fills out form trigger should definitely work.

There might be a typo in the URL of the clicked link trigger, or you could change it to "is" instead of contains.

You could clone the campaign and change the trigger to a filter to "catch up" if that is indeed the problem.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Remove 'http://' from your trigger for the email click link. Also, ensure that the URL is correct and you select it from the drop-down, rather than pasting it manually in the field.     

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Alok has it - we've had this same problem. If you paste the URL directly into the Web Page constraint it won't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alok,

I actually got the URL from the drop down. 😕

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Instead of Link, can you use Web Page and find it there?

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Lisa KongDid      you test this once without selecting the URL and without http:// once? I feel it should work fine that way.