SOLVED

Smart Campaign Memberships showing Blocked Leads that should have been filtered

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign Memberships showing Blocked Leads that should have been filtered

Hello,

Our campaign membership is showing leads that should have been filtered out from our campaign within the smart list filters.

For example:

• All of our Smart Lists contain a filter for
    • Member of Smart List =  "Promo Ready"
      • "Promo Ready" is a Master Database Smart List with these filters:
        • Email (address) is not empty
        • Email does not start with info@
        • Email is not invalid
    • But invalid and blank email leads are showing up in the membership within the "blocked" leads

Would someone please explain this to me?

Thanks,

Lynn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Campaign Memberships showing Blocked Leads that should have been filtered

yes! You are correct! I had not input double parenthesis around part of my filters logic,e.g.,:

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and (5 and 6) or (6 and 7)

Should have been:

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and ((5 and 6) or (6 and 7))

DOHHH!!! User error -again!

Good times!

Thanks so much for your time in replying - I'd like to say that I figured this out by myself, but it was actually a Marketo Support rep - the marvelous, "David", who was kind enough to take a look at it while we were looking at a DNS  issue.

Best regards!

Lynn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Campaign Memberships showing Blocked Leads that should have been filtered

We have an internal joke at my place "it's always in the filters".

Just to double check - in your "promo ready" master smart list, are the filters set to qualify leads is ANY of those filters are true or ALL? Should be ANY.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes! You are correct! I had not input double parenthesis around part of my filters logic,e.g.,:

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and (5 and 6) or (6 and 7)

Should have been:

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and ((5 and 6) or (6 and 7))

DOHHH!!! User error -again!

Good times!

Thanks so much for your time in replying - I'd like to say that I figured this out by myself, but it was actually a Marketo Support rep - the marvelous, "David", who was kind enough to take a look at it while we were looking at a DNS  issue.

Best regards!

Lynn