SOLVED

Smart Campaign Logic with "NOT" filters

Go to solution
Nancy_Rosentha4
Level 2

Smart Campaign Logic with "NOT" filters

I am creating a campaign to exclude leads created in the past 6 months and any leads with engagement in the past 2 years, i.e.

1 and (2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6) and 7

1. Not created in past 6 months

2. Not Filled out form in past 2 years

3. Not clicked email in past 2 years

4. Not program status was changed; success = true in past 2 years

5. Not visited web page in past 2 years (excluding unsubscribe)

6. Not pushed to Marketo in past 2 years

7. Not SFDC Type = Contact

Should the above "or" logic actually be "and"?  thanks.

Nancy Rosenthal
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Smart Campaign Logic with "NOT" filters

Should it be:

(1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6) and 7

Mmm I don't think so, not as originally written out by Nancy.

If the idea is they haven't done Action A AND they haven't done Action B, that's, well... an AND!

Also, you can't filter on Not Visited Web Page in the past 2 years, b/c those VWP activities will have aged out. That's why it's a good idea to have a DateTime field that stores their Last Web Touch. This can be done in a monthly batch, so it only has monthly granularity, but obviously that's a lot better than no data!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
B_Jacquet2
Level 2

Should it be:

So to exclude both Leads created in the past 6 months and Leads created more than 6 months ago but having done any of these interactions in the past 2 years? 

I would also use filter SFDC Type is Lead to build your audience (just in case you have records in your Database that have SFDC is empty)

As it can get confusing using "not" filters, you may want to create a Smart List of people who match the criteria (i.e. was created in the past 2 years), and then exclude this List from your actual audience (Not member of Smart List)

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Should it be:

Mmm I don't think so, not as originally written out by Nancy.

If the idea is they haven't done Action A AND they haven't done Action B, that's, well... an AND!

Also, you can't filter on Not Visited Web Page in the past 2 years, b/c those VWP activities will have aged out. That's why it's a good idea to have a DateTime field that stores their Last Web Touch. This can be done in a monthly batch, so it only has monthly granularity, but obviously that's a lot better than no data!

B_Jacquet2
Level 2

My bad I might have misunderstood the question indeed