Re: Slowness in Smart List Calculation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slowness in Smart List Calculation

Hello Community.

Is anyone experiencing slowness in the time Marketo takes to calculate a Smart List this morning? We're not doing anything differently than normal, and have no big jobs running, but the system is waiting on the "schedule" tab of our Smart Campaigns indefinitely.

Thanks
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you continue to experience this issue, please give Marketo Support a call so they can troubleshoot.
Robert_Whited
Level 2

Yes. I experience this quite often. Unfortunately no one has offered up a solution. I was told it all depends on the size of your database and the complexity of your smart list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime when to much time passes and it is still on calculate I refresh my browser and hop it appears

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same issue. I refresh and do a hard refresh, but so far, it's still calculating ...

Sara_Greaves
Level 5

I often have trouble with this as well. I've contacted Marketo support in the past, and I was told that I would have more luck pulling smart lists (and reports) in off-peak times. I find that I have more luck at the end of the day instead of the morning. To get around this in the past, I have created smart campaigns to push people into static lists. Once I had my static list, it was much easier for me to export the data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a bit hacky, but I just created another smart list with the same parameters, and it resolved.

Dayna_Wellman3
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

I've run into this problem as well. I usually see if there's a different way I can pull my Smart List if there are a lot of filters, like using 2 smart lists to pull in separate parts of the list, and a main Smart List to pull the other two together.

Dayna Wellman
Campaign Operations Consultant @ Etumos
David_Gaible
Level 7

Hey Justin Berger​ - here's a trick I use for my monthly reporting that utilizes some crazy, crazy smart list logic: I create a static list, then a Smart Campaign. The Smart List in the Smart Campaign contains my Smart List logic, and then the Smart Campaign has a single flow step - add to list. I can then schedule the lists to run at night so I can see the leads that qualify when I come in.