Re: Slow loading of email images

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slow loading of email images

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix an email template that takes too long to load the banner image. We just recently got a new template and the banner image takes a long time to load.

Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Caroline,

1. Check that the image weight is not to big. Optimize it in 72dpi.
  2. You may want to try the "cache page" feature that is available in the treasure chest, in the admin
  3. If this is not sufficient, consider loading these files in a CDN, instead of loading them from Marketo design studio

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. You may want to try the "cache page" feature that is available in the treasure chest, in the admin

That's for anonymous LPs though.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Sanford,

The doc reads:

Enable the caching of default versions of landing pages for faster serving when no person data is present in request

Does that mean anonymous or simply if no token is present? Is a prefilled form considered as "person data"?

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

An LP with prefill values can't be served from a shared cache. Technically the person data is in the response, not the request, but I'm pretty sure that applies equally.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And please move this question to Products . Marketing Central ​is for generic marketing questions

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try www.tinypng.com to reduce the weight of your images.

Erin_Cavanaugh
Level 3

Caroline,

Were you ever able to resolve your issue?

I am having the same problem too. We recently rolled out all these new templates in the 2.0 editor. They look great, but images are taking forever to load (sometimes +20 seconds) on Outlook Desktop. Yahoo, Gmail, Mobile... all no problems.

The images are compressed so I'm so confused why this is happening. Especially since in 1.0 editor we never had this problem with images.