Re: Slack and Marketo - post your use cases!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on the CSR requests, David?

Kim_Allen
Level 10

This is great! Are you able to specify channels or individuals or does it go to everyone in Slack?

Thanks,

Kim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim,

You can specify a channel, see Step 3 here:

http://developers.marketo.com/blog/integrating-slack-with-marketo/

Best,

Thomas

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I use it much to the likes of what you're doing. But we find it very useful for our ABM model in that we alert our reps and ADRs when one of their target accounts is on the site. We normally do weekly email summaries of this info, but with slack open they can get much more accurate response time if needed. In the near future we will push slack alerts for asset download notifications and get much more focused on what we alert, rather than just 'visited website' ... I think this is a great forum and look forward to seeing how we can collectively collaborate on this further...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing JD Nelson​! This is a great use case and probably very valuable to your ADRs.

Sean_Day3
Level 2

We've been using it pretty heavily for our events and webinar teams. We store program owner slack handles in our local tokens and then use an integration to send registration alerts to the program owners and sales owners via a mention within different channels. We're planning on doing the same for our sales reps when they have attendees check in on-site for our customer summit in October.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting! Do you use webhooks for this or a third-party service?

Sean_Day3
Level 2

It's all through Marketo's webhooks. We just call the same webhook (we actually have two since each webhook posts to a different channel in slack) and it passes different tokenized values into slack.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

This may not be the best forum for this question, but I was implementing a slack alert when someone fills out our Demo Request form on our website. I've got the alert working, but for this particular post I wanted to do an @channel alert. I can't seem to find the appropriate payload format to get this to fire; anyone know?

Current payload:

payload={"text": "Demo Requested!: {{lead.First Name}} {{lead.Last Name}}, {{company.Company Name}}, {{lead.Email Address}}

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it's <!channel> according to this: Basic message formatting | Slack