SOLVED

Re: Skipping Content in Engagement Programs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edward Unthank​ This is great information and it's exactly what we need but my light bulb is flickering.

We have an Engagement Program setup using programs to do the sends.  The criteria for each of the program sends is that they are a member of this particular Engagement Program.  Is the "Exclusion" status added to the Engagement Program or to the Email - Mass which is the program doing the send?

I would have thought it would have been to the Engagement Program but when I try and run a Change Program Status flow to a specific cast it references the status of the Email - Mass program.  And if the "Exclusion" status is on the Email - Mass I don't see why it is excluded from the list's criteria.

Any info you or anyone could give to help me fully turn on this light would be appreciated.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

You ever hit "Add Reply" and then the light bulb finally lights up?

Yeah? Me too.

The adding of the status to the program makes them a "member" and therefor skips them from that send.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Here's my method.  Works well for me and it's quite extendable.

Length Matters: Engagement Programs that Don't Finish Too Quickly...

Robb Barrett
Morgan_Corbett
Level 3

Edward Unthank (Etumos)​ Do you have a link to your original presentation? The one you provided last January no longer exists.

What do you recommend for progression statuses for both the Nurture channel and the Nurture Email?

Thanks,

Morgan

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Hey Morgan Corbett​, I just updated that post with the correct link, if you check the above again.

For Nurture channel, I go with:

• Influenced

For Nurture Email (or "Nurture Cast," as I've refined it later):

• Exclusion
  • Sent
  • Opened
  • Clicked
  • Converted
  • Unsubscribed

Cheers,

Edward Unthank

Heather_Van_Sch
Level 2

Hi Edward Unthank​,

For your Nurture Casts, how are you using the progression statuses - i.e., for reporting; directing leads; other?

Thanks, Heather

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Heather Van Schoiack

For Nurture Casts (aka the individual programs containing the email sends, not the engagement program), progression statuses are for reporting.

Cheers,

Edward

Natasa_Dukic
Level 2

Do you have to include the send campaign & exclusion in the stream? Or, do you include only the send campaign?

Natasa_Dukic
Level 2

I have 9 emails with varying pieces of content in each email so does that mean I need: 9 programs, 9 emails, 9 smart campaigns, and 9 exclusion lists?

This is how I've set it up so far.. I need guidance if this isn't right.

pastedImage_0.png

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Natasa - this thread is three years old, & marked as resolved. You might want to create a new thread to get your questions answered