SOLVED

Skip wait steps in a flow

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skip wait steps in a flow

Is there a way to skip wait steps in a flow? I am the middle of transitioning our nurturing programs from another marketing automation provider. Several of our contacts are in the middle of a flow and I would like to start them where they left off without having to create several smart campaigns. Is this possible considering there are several wait steps in the flow?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Skip wait steps in a flow

Silly me... I just assumed there are options on wait steps... I would have sworn I've used them in the past. 🙂 Sorry for the confusion.

You would have to structure your nurturing differently. Instead of having the wait steps interspersed with your send emails, you structure them using the method Marketo has called "traffic cop". Then make sure you have qualified out your leads from getting the emails they have already received. Here's a link to the webinar on advanced nurturing concepts: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kytv&src=comm  You don't actually have to have the overall controlling traffic cop, but essentially you need the structure of each of the individual nurturing tracks.

If you want to keep with simple nurturing, then the easiest/faster thing to do is create a different campaign for leads that needs to skip the earlier emails/wait steps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alison,
You could add a Choice on the wait flow step. The choice would have the people that qualify not wait.

There are a couple of different choices you could use... for a few people: email address is XXX, do nothing. Or if you have multiple people, you could put those people in a static list and use Member of list X, do nothing. Then the default is the actual wait step.

Hope this helps.
Sheila
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a little confused as to how you would do this for a wait step because there are no "add choice" options for a wait step. How do you skip a wait step based on static list?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Silly me... I just assumed there are options on wait steps... I would have sworn I've used them in the past. 🙂 Sorry for the confusion.

You would have to structure your nurturing differently. Instead of having the wait steps interspersed with your send emails, you structure them using the method Marketo has called "traffic cop". Then make sure you have qualified out your leads from getting the emails they have already received. Here's a link to the webinar on advanced nurturing concepts: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kytv&src=comm  You don't actually have to have the overall controlling traffic cop, but essentially you need the structure of each of the individual nurturing tracks.

If you want to keep with simple nurturing, then the easiest/faster thing to do is create a different campaign for leads that needs to skip the earlier emails/wait steps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.