SOLVED

Sitecore & Marketo Integration

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sitecore & Marketo Integration

Hi Rachel,

We are in the midst of purchasing and re-platforming to SiteCore. What did you use to integrate Marketo? SiteCore's native connector looks like it is not well-maintained; last updated in 2/16 .  Any integration whoas I should steer clear of?

Thanks,

Nikki

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Nikki - thanks for sharing.  I didn't even know this connector existed (it is developed by a third-party, and not Sitecore).  As you mentioned - and based on the lone comment - doesn't look like it's well maintained/supported; and doesn't function as expected.  Looking at the features, I really couldn't see us leveraging this anyway - even if it does work as expected - as it seems like it could introduce a lot of confusion/issues across both platforms.  I wonder if it's even supported on Sitecore 9.0.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. How are you integrating SiteCore with Marketo? We are evaluating several point-to-point and iPaaS options currently, so any advice you can share on integrating the two would be helpful. I am most worried about keeping persona data in sync so the personalization we are doing in Marketo aligns with our website.

Thanks,

Nikki

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Nikki - we haven't gotten to that level of integration.  Eventually, we want to be able to identify KNOWN visitors to our site and be able to personalize the experience based on prior behaviors (and demographic data).  The team is currently evaluating how to leverage the API for this.  It doesn't look like we'll be able to achieve this using a real-time approach to make that connection - as it could significantly impact the performance of the experience (e.g., when visitor arrives, query their cookie against known users and, if known, leverage that data).  Instead, we'll probably need to build a data warehouse of this data - integrated into xDB - of existing known data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Nikki- Sorry for the delay!

We use the following for integration: http://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/ and http://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/forms/

mbarletta
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm bringing up this thread 'cause we need to integrate forms done in Marketo on Sitecore landing pages. When I click on "embed code", where should I place the code in Sitecore landing page settings? Anyone can help me to figure it out?

mbarletta_0-1680190316295.png