SOLVED

Re: Simplest way to associate a contact coming from CRM with the Marketo cookie value

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Simplest way to associate a contact coming from CRM with the Marketo cookie value

Hi all,

I have a situation: we have an application that capture leads + plenty of other information and send it to SFDC. We can also capture the Marketo cookie value and send it to SFDC and from there to Marketo.

Once the cookie value arrives into Marketo into a dedicated custom field, what is the simplest way to trigger an associatelead ?

Does one of the webhook platform offer this capability out of the box? Is there another way ?

Thx,

Greg

Sanford Whiteman ​, Diederik Martens​,  Rajesh Talele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Simplest way to associate a contact coming from CRM with the Marketo cookie value

I have never used the /save2 endpoint. Where can I find some info about it ? More precisely, what parameters it takes, how to set up the webhook?

I should've said /save, not /save2. /save is both the legacy Forms 1.0 and the Forms 2.0 noscript endpoint.

So create a form (call it Backend Lead Associator or something like that) and note its id.  Also have your Munchkin id ready.

In this case we'll use form #1234 and Munchkin AAA-111-CCC.

Set your Request Encoding to Form/Url, Response to None, and include the following payload at minimum:

Email={{Lead.Email Address}}&_mkt_trk={{Lead.FieldWithMunchkinCookie}}&retURL=&formid=1234&munchkinId=AAA-111-CCC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Hey Greg,

FlowBoost Standard (and Free) can do this, but even easier is posting to the /save2 endpoint directly (as a webhook). Which to choose depends on rate limits. /save2 can handle 43,200 hits per day (without using any API calls) but the hits can't be more than 30 per minute.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sanford Whiteman ,

Thx, I was quite sure that flowboost could to it

I have never used the /save2 endpoint. Where can I find some info about it ? More precisely, what parameters it takes, how to set up the webhook?

If we use flowboost, Is there a recipe somewhere?

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

I should've said /save, not /save2. /save is both the legacy Forms 1.0 and the Forms 2.0 noscript endpoint.

So create a form (call it Backend Lead Associator or something like that) and note its id.  Also have your Munchkin id ready.

In this case we'll use form #1234 and Munchkin AAA-111-CCC.

Set your Request Encoding to Form/Url, Response to None, and include the following payload at minimum:

Email={{Lead.Email Address}}&_mkt_trk={{Lead.FieldWithMunchkinCookie}}&retURL=&formid=1234&munchkinId=AAA-111-CCC

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thx Sanford this is cool

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan Stevens ,

Have you go any documentation on the /save2 endpoint ? I saw here that you are using it

Thx in advance,

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Greg - we just use the endpoint as-is, with no further customization:

pastedImage_0.png