Signing in/out of building through Marketo form

Nicole_Domingu1
Level 1

Signing in/out of building through Marketo form

Hello there,

We are looking for a way to keep track of people who enter our building and we would like to keep track of the person as well as what time they entered the building and what time they left the building, utilizing Marketo. We were thinking of a Marketo LP and having the form update based off date/time entered, but is there a better way to do this or a launchpoint partner that would be able to? My biggest concern is that we want to keep track of every time the person is in the building so we can look back at is as a log record, but I am not sure how to make sure the field does not over-write every time and stores all values for every time they enter. Does anyone have any ideas? thank you!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Signing in/out of building through Marketo form

Not exactly a traditional use for a marketing form, but as long as you're not collecting data like drivers licenses or whatever (and there's value to having the data in Marketo) I don't see why not.

Just set an Interesting Moment (Milestone type) for whenever they enter the building.

Make sure the LP follows the Referral Form pattern, that is, delete the Munchkin cookie from the form submit so things don't get confusing.

Nicole_Domingu1
Level 1

Good idea! Is there an easy way to have their information automatically pop-up when they sign out, so they do not have to re-fill out the form again? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you require the info when they first sign in, why not give them a different form to sign out that just has their email address?