Significantly reduced number of impressions in linkedin posts containing marketo landing pages

Victor_Herrero
Level 5

Significantly reduced number of impressions in linkedin posts containing marketo landing pages

Hi,

We have observed that every time we post anything on linked in (regular or sponsored posts), the number of impressions on those posts is significantly lower if these posts contain a link to one of our Marketo landing pages.

Has anybody encountered this before?

Might it be that LinkedIn penalises posts that link to external sources? Might it be a bad configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Sanford Whiteman​, I have seen you are everywhere on this forum... I dare you to stand up to the challenge!

Here are some numbers that support the claim:

Average results without link to Marketo landing

- Impressions: 8.000

- Clicks: 50

- Interactions: 30

- Engagement: 1%

Average results with link to Marketo landing

- Impressions: 2.400

- Clicks: 15

- Interactions: 20

- Engagement: 3%

Average PPC results without link to Marketo landing

- Impressions: 30.000

- Clicks: 150

- Interactions: 45

- Engagement: 0.75%

Average PPC results with link to Marketo landing

- Impressions:11.200

- Clicks: 70

- Interactions: 25

- Engagement: 1.1%

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Significantly reduced number of impressions in linkedin posts containing marketo landing pages

links?

Screenshots? This isn't clear enough to help you. Do your pages meet all of LinkedIn's guidelines? Do you think people may not want to go to a gated asset?

Victor_Herrero
Level 5

Re: Significantly reduced number of impressions in linkedin posts containing marketo landing pages

Thanks for your reply and sorry for taking so long. I was on leave.

I don't think the issue is that people don't want to go to a gated asset. In fact, engagement (clicks, shares, comments...) scores are higher for posts with links to landing pages.

In any case, we are not worried about clicks, we are worried about impressions (how many times it's displayed). It would seem posts with link are displayed about 3x less than regular ones. Our posts with link just show up less on people's timelines for whatever reason...

I'll have a look at LinkedIn's guidelines to see if we are following them and will try to provide links to our posts, if you think it's needed to find out what's wrong.

Maybe you could point out exactly which guidelines you are referring to? Just to make sure I'm looking at the right thing.

Victor_Herrero
Level 5

Here are some examples of our posts:

- Sponsored post + Marketo Landing Page: Juniper

- Sponsored post: MWC

- Non sponsored post + Marketo Landing Page: IoT

- Non sponsored post: WGC

With regard to LinkedIn's guidelines, this is what I could find:

Publishing Platform Guidelines | LinkedIn Help

Among the guidelines, the paragraph:

• Advertisements and promotions for events, products, or services aren't appropriate content for article publishing. Advertisements can be purchased using LinkedIn Marketing Solutions.

worries me... This might be the reason why we are having the issue, but I'm not sure.

Usually, on our landing pages there will be a form to download an industry report, a product brochure or to sign up for an event.

Perhaps we are using the wrong channel for this kind of content

We have opened a case with LinkedIn as well, to see if they can provide an explanation.