Signature Snippets, Dynamic Content, One-off Lists

Tom_Richards
Level 2

Signature Snippets, Dynamic Content, One-off Lists

Hello, newer Marketo user. (forgive me.) I am trying to set up a signature Snippet so that I can pop it into my emails, use the tokens and let her rip. There isn't a ton of information about this, though. Maybe my case is different?

First of all, I need more form fields for the Lead Owner's photo, toll free number, cell number, and calendar link. Seems like that may not be too hard by going into Field Management and creating some new fields.

What I'm finding that's different is that the documentation on dynamic stuff deals mainly with Segments. I'm fine with Segments, but some of these emails are one-offs. I imagine that I'd keep those one-off lists in the Program folder, not the database folder and you can't add a Segment from that side of things.

Maybe I don't need to care about Segments in this case? Maybe this will work when I'm done?

Thank you!

Signature Snippet.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Signature Snippets, Dynamic Content, One-off Lists

Please remove the attachment and paste the image inline (in the text editor). Not all Nation users can see attachments, which makes them very confusing.

Then we'll continue.

Tom_Richards
Level 2

Got it!

Thank you!

Tom Richards | Marketing Automation

direct: 847.549.5519 | 800.323.3742

tom.richards@wonderlic.com<mailto:tom.richards@wonderlic.com>

wonderlic.com<http://www.wonderlic.com/>

Love Wonderlic? Refer a Friend!<http://www.wonderlic.com/refer-a-friend>

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, this is fine, it's a static Snippet as opposed to a dynamic (i.e. pre-segmented) Snippet.

A static Snippet has similarities to a universal Rich Text {{my.token}}, with the significant differences that

• it is segmentable in the future
  • it can contain nested {{lead.tokens}}

You can read more in this thread and elsewhere via search.

Tom_Richards
Level 2

Thank you. I did make another observation with the fields, though. When I set up existing tokens they are aligned with Lead. As in Lead.lead owner email address. When I go to make new fields, the Lead Owner fields are not listed there. Instead, Sales is. As in, Sales Owner Email Address. Should I make new Lead fields or Sales fields to round out my signature snippet?

Thanks!

Tom_Richards
Level 2

Thank you. I did make another observation with the fields, though. When I set up existing tokens they are aligned with Lead. As in Lead.lead owner email address. When I go to make new fields, the Lead Owner fields are not listed there. Instead, Sales is. As in, Sales Owner Email Address. Should I make new Lead fields or Sales fields to round out my signature snippet?

Thanks!

Tom_Richards
Level 2

@sanfordwhiteman Yeah, the above issue really does matter. Whether I set up the List Column as Lead Owner First Name or Sales Owner First Name, the fields will not align in Marketo. I get the message "Blocked (system managed)". And it ignores the field entirely. I'm stuck!

Import Fail.JPG

Also, I'm not so sure the way I set up the image URL part is correct either.

SanfordWhiteman

They're blocked (read-only) because they come from the actual owner. You can't override the relationship to the owner by setting fields at the lead level.