Re: Showing Growth in a Smart List

Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing Growth in a Smart List

We have several campaigns that are measuring success by collecting leads who fill out a form into a smart list. I'd like to be able to track this growth with a report of some type with a graphic showing the increase in leads added to this list over a previous period. The actual growth of these lists are more valuable than the lead data collected, is there any way to visually show growth of a Smart List in Marketo?

5 REPLIES 5
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

David,

There is no way to visually show growth in a smart list or list. But you can visually show membership trend for a smart campaign. Perhaps you can set up a smart campaign for this form fill action and the flow will be to add to a static list and that will allow these people to be members of this smart campaign. You can then use the smart campaign's "Membership Trend" tab to monitor how many are being added to the smart campaign.

Jason_Raisleger
Level 4

Although not giving you exactly what you are looking for, you can capture the # in the lead performance report. Just group people by created date and then select months (or whatever period you want to compare) and then in custom columns, add your smart list.  Finally, in the smart list, add the "Member of a Smart List" filter and select the appropriate smart list so that you only see those leads. This will return a table of information that can easily be exported and turned into a graph.

Marketo   Lead Performance  Setup  • Analytics.png

ayaspan
Level 3

Hi there @Jason_Raisleger - sorry to bring up an old topic, but would this be able to also show unsubscriptions in a given period?

And say I were to try to do this for a bundle of smart lists for a given period of time. I would select those smart lists in both the custom columns and and smart list?

Jason_Raisleger
Level 4

@ayaspan I don't think my solution above will give you what you're looking for. What I have above will group people by the date they were created, not by the date the unsubscribe took place. For instance, if 3 people unsubscribed today but there created dates were 4/12/2017, 06/25/2019, and  12/16/2020 it would show as those April 2017, June 2019, and December 2020 instead of June 2021.

@Devraj_Grewal solution may actually get you closer to what you're looking for but would have to create the appropriate campaigns.

There are other options with bulk activity exports but that's a pretty big lift.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

...but would this be able to also show unsubscriptions in a given period?

We populate a custom field "Unsubscribed Date" when a person unsubscribes. And you can use any date field for report groupings:

Michael_Florin_0-1623745403863.png