Re: Show custom message to specific lead

Show custom message to specific lead

Is there a way, how to display a custom message to a specifig lead group?

For example, it will be great to be able to identify all non-anonymous returning leads from Europe and show them tailored message just for them.

I imagine that cookies will be utilised in this case. Something like:

if fromEurope == true

send:

cookie.name = customContent

cookie.value = europeMsg

else

send:

cookie.value = genericMsg

Then on our page, we will be able to run a script and show content based on the cookie value.

Thank you for your help.

send:

cookie.value = europeMsg

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Neither cookies nor JS are required for this. Use segmentations and dynamic content. If a lead is in your Europe segment, they see your customized content, and if they're in Default or another segment you can show them generic text.

First of all, thank you for your response, but... there is always but 🙂

Is that the only way? I was fairly generic in my example our segmentation might be fairly granular and based on other activities.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

If you cannot model it in a segmentation and keep it manageable through dynamic content, then it's probably not a good idea anyway or you are a candidate for web personalisation add-on.

Keep in mind that segmentations cannot use behavioural data directly. You will have to calculate a lead field that results from the behaviour and use that lead filed in the segmentation.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll have to give more specifics (or, better yet, test!) if you want to know if segments will work for your case. You can base segments on a huge range of characteristics -- essentially anything that's on the lead record. You can't base segments directly on temporal information (such as time-to-license-expiry) but even that can be gotten around using batch campaigns.