SOLVED

Show a custom message (Thank you you have already filled out the from) once a person revisits the registration page after filling out the same form.

Go to solution
aditidutta
Level 2

Show a custom message (Thank you you have already filled out the from) once a person revisits the registration page after filling out the same form.

Hi,

I want to implement a scenario where I want to show a custom message(say, you've already filled out the form) to a person on revisiting the registration page after filling out the registration form. Any suggestions/solutions would be of great help. 
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Aditi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Show a custom message (Thank you you have already filled out the from) once a person revisits the registration page after filling out the same form.

This is indeed possible — but only on a Marketo LP or on a 3rd-party page that's using my Pre-Fill JS.

Simply keep a history field (a Textarea field that you continually append to using a Change Data Value flow step) storing the IDs of all the forms the person has filled out, comma-separated.  Include that field — using its corresponding token like {{Lead.Form History Field}} — on the page. Then use JS to check if the current form ID is in the list of previously-filled IDs.

As Abhinav correctly points out, the Known Visitor HTML feature doesn't do precisely what you want, since it hides the form for all known visitors, regardless of whether they've filled out that particular form.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Re: Show a custom message (Thank you you have already filled out the from) once a person revisits the registration page after filling out the same form.

Hi Aditi,

There is no direct way of achieving this in Marketo.

However, you can control registration via smart campaign (Lead can run through flow once only) to prevent sending auto responding email again and again. 

Also, there is custom HTML for known users but in this case if user in known and havnt filled out form but still they'll see custom HTML(Not sure if this will work in your scenario).

Abhinav_saini_1-1607535303844.png

Abhinav Saini
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is indeed possible — but only on a Marketo LP or on a 3rd-party page that's using my Pre-Fill JS.

Simply keep a history field (a Textarea field that you continually append to using a Change Data Value flow step) storing the IDs of all the forms the person has filled out, comma-separated.  Include that field — using its corresponding token like {{Lead.Form History Field}} — on the page. Then use JS to check if the current form ID is in the list of previously-filled IDs.

As Abhinav correctly points out, the Known Visitor HTML feature doesn't do precisely what you want, since it hides the form for all known visitors, regardless of whether they've filled out that particular form.