Show a campaign when user clicks a specific link from the page via RTP

Kamaljeet_Kaur
Level 1

Show a campaign when user clicks a specific link from the page via RTP

HI All, 

I am trying to create a campaign if user is on a specific folder on the site e.g. site.com/folder1.html and pages under it. Now, if user clicks on any page which is not from this folder and some other folder on the site e.g site.com/folder2.html then it should display a widget asking the user to be sure if he wants to move to folder2 pages or stay back on folder1 pages.

I thought if referrals segment condition under Behaviour works but that have some other logic. Any suggestions on how can this be acheived?

PS - Show a campaign to users when clicking on specific set of pages or moves to other folder than the current one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kamal 

2 REPLIES 2
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Show a campaign when user clicks a specific link from the page via RTP

Hi @Kamaljeet_Kaur!

What you're looking to do (display an RTP campaign to intercept a link click) goes beyond the built-in capabilities for RTP. You may need to look into custom javascript.

Similarly, we wanted to redirect a user to a specific page upon link click (via RTP based on which segment they matched) and we ended up implementing a javascript solution. Maybe someone in the community can lend their javascript expertise here, and I also recommend checking out the developers section for RTP https://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/web-personalization/  🙂

Kamaljeet_Kaur
Level 1

Re: Show a campaign when user clicks a specific link from the page via RTP

Thanks for your reply. Yes, its out of built in capabilities.

So I am planning to capture the link URL (of the link which is clicked) in custom variable of user context API and the put a condition in the segment if custom variable contains "required target url part" and then show the campaign if user falls in the segment. I am hoping that this will work but not sure.

Regards,

Kamal