Should channel tags in Marketo mirror Lead Source fields in SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should channel tags in Marketo mirror Lead Source fields in SFDC?

Should channel tags in Marketo mirror Lead Source fields in SFDC? Where will lead source detail data (created in SFDC) be displayed in Marketo?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should channel tags in Marketo mirror Lead Source fields in SFDC?

I think they should mirror your campaign types.

Webinar
Tradeshow
Field Marketing Event
User Conference
Online Advertising
etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! So -- to confirm what you are suggesting... my channel tags, campaign types and Lead Source fields in SFDC should all be the same? Or it sounds like you get more granular with your campaign types and recommend lead source fields in SFDC be paired with those?

I invisioned having approx 10 primary lead sources, and have lead source details associated with the primary led source. For example, I'd like Event Marketing to be a lead source, and have a dropdown list of events that we have sponsored to choose from. That way, I can see how many overall leads I've gotten from Event Marketing and also break it down by Event Name. This is how our campaign types are set up. Now I'm having trouble pairing our SFDC lead source fields with the Marketo campaigns....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep your lead sources at a high level and use campaign types to get more granualar with the specifics. You should really only have 8-10 lead sources, and that is on the high end!

You've got it right in your second paragraph! Pair them with the campaign types.