Re: Should I sent a follow-up email to a recent engagement?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I send a follow-up email to a recent engagement?

I am interested to hear if anyone knows of any case studies or their own successes/failures in sending an automated email after an contact engages with the initial email.

An example would be, sending the first email as part of a Nurture Program.  The email contains an asset pointing to a knowledge article.  Once the contact clicks the link in the email pointing to the knowledge article, having a trigger to send another email 5 minutes later to provide more information on that topic.

Members of our team have been debating if this is helping or hurting.  Open and Click Thru Rates for the follow-up email have been exponentially higher than those for the initial emails sent.  This seems reasonable as you have the persons attention and that would also be the point.  The question would be, is that a good thing or a bad thing, or is that too much email?

Just so you know where I stand, I as a marketer and using the metrics to tie engagement from Open/Click and even Conversion Rates within Opportunities, see positive association to sending a follow-up email after an engagement (i.e. link click within email to specific asset).  Although, there has been some feedback from Sales who have spoken with prospects that "we send a lot of email".  I want to be considerate of what the Salespeople are hearing in the field, but also want to make sure that a few are not dictating for the masses.

I am finding this debate being the difference between "squeaky wheel gets the oil" and automation gone crazy or protecting our image.

Would be very interested to hear if anyone else is doing this / has considered it / or has their own case study to say whether they saw positive or negative results.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roy Hegger​ FYI. I moved your post to Products and Support​ since your question is more a product related questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I may not be as familiar with the Areas to post topics but this does not seem like a Product question to me.  To me that would imply I was asking about functionality.  In this case I am asking about best practices.  Is Products and Support still the best place for this?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is Products and Support still the best place for this?

Sure, this is the place for best practices Qs as well as deeper technical how-tos.