Sharing smart lists between partitions

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Sharing smart lists between partitions

Hi Marketo Community, workspaces and partitions are new features for me.

My end goal: I need to build a flow that pushes our international leads into the international partition in the event that they fill out a U.S. only lead form. In order to build the flow, I need to have a shared smart list to identify leads who already exist in the international partition, correct?

Initially, I created a smart list in the Shared folder that pulled all international leads, which accurately pulled international leads from the international partition. However, the shared smart list in the default partition didn't pull the same international leads. Instead, it applied the same filters to leads in the default workspace so it was only pulling leads from the default workspace.

Can someone please lay out the steps for me? I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sharing smart lists between partitions

If your Default workspace only has access to the Default partition, the smart list will only show you those leads. Generally you want to give the Default workspace access to all lead partitions and then you'll be able to see those leads from the International partition in the smart list as well.

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Hey Kristen, thanks for your reply! I just confirmed that the default workspace has access to both existing partitions in the instance. Could there be anything else that's blocking the smart list from pulling international partition leads?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share a screen shot of the smart list criteria?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would create all of this in an Operational program in the Default WS. The smart list sharing isn't going to help you at all or work properly across WSs.

1. Where is the Form?
  2. Did you setup the Partition Assignment Rules in the Admin Section?
  3. In your Default program, the rules should match the assignment rules as well.
    1. If Lead is Created or Lead Fills Out Form then
      1. Country=US, United States, etc ==> Change Partition to US
      2. Default: Otherwise Change Partition to International
  4. Your smart list should live in this Program in Default, but you don't really need it the way I set it up.