Sharing Lists Across Work Spaces

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Lists Across Work Spaces

Hi all,

I learned recently that we can now share Smart Lists across work spaces. Hooray!

But now I wanted to do the exact same thing with Lists and that failed.

I created a folder in Design Studio of work space "A" under "Group Lists" and shared it with work space B. That folder appeared in work space B and the lists in it became visible as well. But when I wanted to reference that list in Marketing Activities of work space B that list didn't show up. Shouldn't it?

Thanks,

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: Sharing Lists Across Work Spaces

Hi,

Yes the shared list should now show up in Workspace B. I've done a very similar thing and shared lists between workspaces and I can see those lists across all workspaces.

What where you trying to reference when you couldn't see the list?  I can see it when I do 'Member of List'

Thanks

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Juli!

And you're right. I can see the list when using "Member of List". But I had tried the filter "Was added to list", and there the list doesn't show up. Does it show for you?

Adam_Hodgden1
Level 2

There are certain actions that are available by workspace and others by instance. For example, you cannot see campaigns/programs across workspaces but you can see a change data value. One option is to create a custom field called "workspace handover", when the lead is added to your list in workspace A, write a value to that field. Then in workspace B, use a change data value for "workspace handover" to pick-up that value to run your campaign. It's not the cleanest method but it's what Marketo recommended when we went live with workspaces.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

actually I like that idea. I had used fields for that very purpose in the past, but I always figured that was a pretty bad workaround. But to have just one field that can have very different values for different use cases is not too ugly. Guess I'm going to go with exactly that.

Still, I have an open ticket with Marketo Support to figure out why "Member of list" works, whereas "Was added to list" doesn't.

Thanks!

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I got back from support:

I visited with a tier 3 engineer today and learned that when you share a list across a workspace it should work as if it were in the original workspace because we can run a direct query for members. The Was Added to List filter does not work in the shared workspace because we need to query the activity log for the "added to list" activity, and that information is not available across workspaces. I'm interpreting that as "we coded for the member of smart list condition to work across shared workspaces, but not for the Added to List activity.