SOLVED

Re: Setting up a newsletter on Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up a newsletter on Marketo

Dear community,

I was wondering if someone has already set up and automated a newsletter in Marketo, that would be based on RSS flux from our blog post.

I've seen the nice extension proposed by Digesto, but it requires the 'Standard' level allowing to use Marketo's API, and we are at 'Spark' level (we are a little growing startup ).

So I would want to know whether if it is possible to make an automation of the RSS flux - without API. And if yes, how ?

Thank you for your answers !

Marjolaine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Bonjour Marjolaine,

This is not possible with the Spark version. You will have to do it by hand. You may want to use a tool like this one to generate the HTML:RSS Feed Converter, Convert RSS Feeds to Javascript, PHP, HTML, Place on Website

-Grégoire

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Bonjour Marjolaine,

This is not possible with the Spark version. You will have to do it by hand. You may want to use a tool like this one to generate the HTML:RSS Feed Converter, Convert RSS Feeds to Javascript, PHP, HTML, Place on Website

-Grégoire

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Marjolaine,

Not super familiar with the differences between Spark and Standard.  We have just implemented a RSS newsletter though.  We looked at Digesto but it was missing a few key features and ended up having a 3rd party build us a workable custom solution.  Happy to walk you through our process if you are interested.  It wasn't too expensive.  In the long run though we'd prefer to find a vendor. We've been chatting with Hoosh Marketing recently as they have a similar tool to Digesto but are looking to add the features and capabilities we need, such as email personalization.  It sounds like they are releasing some new features later in the year.

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck.

Lauren

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lauren,

All these tools needs to be able to access the Marketo API in order to be able to inject the email content in the email and trigger the email cast.

Spark does not have API included in the package, so...

-Greg

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yes, unfortunately I think you will have a very hard time doing this without the API. The only other option I can think of would be a service that would take the RSS feed and host it as an image, then you populate your newsletter with that image. Not ideal as image-heavy emails are more likely to be caught in spam and other filters, but it's an option.