Re: Setting up a kind of pop-up with Marketo?

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Setting up a kind of pop-up with Marketo?

Hi all,

We're preparing a global campaign to promote a new whitepaper we'll launch in a month.

Every forms, landing pages and emailing are ready.

We would like as well to create a kind of pop-up that appears for every new visitor in our website.

I have no clue on how to do it thanks to Marketo, I was thinking of preparing a web campaigns with "Webpersonnalization" tab but I'm scared that this will only be visible for a target (people already known by us), and not for every new visitor.

Please, can you help me?

Thank you for your time.

Adrien

9 REPLIES 9
Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Web personalization allows you to target anonymous visitors as well as known visitors based on the audience you set up in web personalization. Because of this you can set up an audience to target anonymous visitors and present it to every new visitor.

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Oh thank you for your answer!

I didn't know it was feasible, please could you explain me how to target such audience for anonymous visits?

Thank you again

Jackie_Potts

Create a segment and use the filter Status is Anonymous as shown below. You can add additional filters if needed or have just this filter to capture all anonymous visits.

pastedImage_1.png

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Thank you very much Jackie, you nearly saved a lot of my time! 🙂

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Hi Jackie,

Do you know if there is any chance to setup the popup that he is appearing to one person only once in 30 days for example? I'm struggling to see how to do it,

Thank you 🙂

Jackie_Potts

I don't think there is a way to do that. You could add a number of visits filter, but that doesn't really help you with a number of days. 

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Yes I was trying, but the number of visit is absolute number, not dedicated to a specific time range?

Jackie_Potts

That is correct. So I don't think it is a great solution.

Adrien_Landrin
Level 2

Ok thank you Jackie 🙂

If anyone gets the solution, please raise the hand,

Thanks