Setting up a campaign to report on who has been sent a particilar email from sales insight

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up a campaign to report on who has been sent a particilar email from sales insight

I'm trying to create a campaign (the lightbulb icon) that will pull a list of everyone who was sent a specific sales insights email out of SFDC.

When I create a Smartlist - do I use a trigger "is sent sales email" or do I use "was sent email" or "was sent sales email"?

Do I use the standard email subject line "2016 LATAM Tier Acreditado Horario de Entrenamiento" or do I use the subject lines with the SFDC assigned numbers at the end "2016 LATAM Tier Acreditado Horario de Entrenamiento (1453394712.0)" and list out all of the appropriate line items?

I'm using "contains" instead of "is".

I'm getting no returned individuals who were sent the email...but yet there are 26 individual SFDC sales insights subject lines created for the email I'm trying to get contacts for.

3 REPLIES 3
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Setting up a campaign to report on who has been sent a particilar email from sales insight

It depends on what you want to do.

Are you trying to create a campaign so you can have them ongoing added to a program to track success?

If so, you can do either "is sent sales email" (trigger) OR "was sent sales email" (batch)-but if you do the batch, make sure you schedule it to run every night. I would probably just go with the trigger version.

And you should use "contains" with the subject line and leave off the numbers and parentheses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setting up a campaign to report on who has been sent a particilar email from sales insight

I'm trying to figure out who the sales insights emails were sent to, because sales goes in and sends to people, then they ask me to pull a report of who they sent to...because the reports will have email and phone numbers...they don't take the time to track and record that info up front, thinking I can just run a report...can a report be created in SFDC to pull specific sales insights activities?

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Okay gotcha. You actually don't need a Smart Campaign at all probably. You can just make a Smart List using the criteria "Was Sent Sales Email" and "Subject Contains" with the subject of the email in question. That will give you a list of leads that you can either:

1. Export to Excel and send to them

2. Add to a SFDC Campaign for them to look at