Re: Setting up Smart List filters correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up Smart List filters correctly

I have a question regarding Smart List set up. We are currently using a Smart List to ensure that a certain group of people will not receive our emails. This Smart List is set up as follows:

Use ALL Filters:

Filter 1: Last Activity Date in past 360 days
Filter 2: Name Source Segment is Group 1, Group 2, Group 3
Filter 3: Unsubscribed: False
Filter 4: Marketing Suspended: False

We noticed, however, that we are unintentionally leaving out people who have been receiving our emails for a long time. I noticed that these people all have one thing in common, their Original Source Info and Source Type is labeled as List Import or List: Initial Import. 

Based on this, I cloned the above Smart List and would like to add two additional filters, Original Source Type is List Import and Original Source Info is List: Initial Import.

What would be the best way to set up this new Smart List so that all of the first 4 filters are applied together and then the remaining two filters are applied separately--as standalone filters?

Thanks,

Laura

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Try using Advanced filter logic like this:

((1 and 2 and 3 and 4) and (5 or 6))

I think that might do it, if I'm understanding your question correctly.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I think you need to check your Segmentations, if that's what Filter 2 is referring to. You could then update the segmentations with the correct list source.

Bruce is generally correct.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both...We went ahead and adjusted the segmentations to make sure we are including the right people in our email strategy.

I'm trying to grasp the logic filters, though. Now the way Bruce suggested, would that be saying All of the top 4 criteria are being applied together, and that either of the last two applies in addition to those 4 criteria?

Conversely, what would the logic for the setup below be saying?

(1 and 2 and 3 and 4) or (5 or 6)

Filter 1: Last Activity Date in past 360 days
Filter 2: Name Source Segment is Group 1, Group 2, Group 3
Filter 3: Unsubscribed: False
Filter 4: Marketing Suspended: False

Filter 5: Original Source info: List: Initial Import
Filter 6: Original Source Type: List import

Thanks,

Laura

Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

To your first question about the logic.....yes that's how it would read.  Must have all of the first 4 together PLUS either 5 or 6.

Your second logic setup would be read:  Must have all first 4 together OR have one of 5 or 6.  The second setup would not require 1-4, or would not require 5 or 6. If either of those 2 groups fit, they would be caught in that list.

After re-reading your first post again, I think perhaps your second logic setup is what you're trying to accomplish.