SOLVED

Setting Up an Interesting Moment Notification when someone clicks a specific link

Go to solution
Nick_Leonard
Level 1

Setting Up an Interesting Moment Notification when someone clicks a specific link

Okay, so let me try and explain this as best as possible...

I want to set up an Interesting Moment smart campaign, which, when triggered, will create an interesting moment that captures the clicked link detail.

Currently, my Smart List is set up with the trigger "Clicks Link on Web Page", with Link Name contains: "/resource/example".

The flow step is as follows:

1. Interesting Moment: Type: Web : Description: {{trigger.Link}}

However, when I hover over the trigger, it is telling me "Token key not found".  I use this same trigger for link clicks within an email and it provides the detail of the link clicked, but in this case, it just comes back with an error (Skipped Choice seen below)

When I run a test and I click the link I am trying to get the details for, it shows up in my activity history under "activity type" and "detail" (See below).  How do I get that detail to trigger in my smart campaign?

Example Marketo.png

Thanks,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Setting Up an Interesting Moment Notification when someone clicks a specific link

I believe what you're looking for is {{trigger.Name}}.  This should draw in the actual asset that triggered the campaign.  Since the click link is the asset that triggers it, it will bring out the URL.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Setting Up an Interesting Moment Notification when someone clicks a specific link

Thats weird,

Does the trigger link only work for email links maybe?

I would have guessed

Clicked Link in Webpage: {{trigger.Web Page}} | Link: {{trigger.link}}

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I believe what you're looking for is {{trigger.Name}}.  This should draw in the actual asset that triggered the campaign.  Since the click link is the asset that triggers it, it will bring out the URL.

Nick_Leonard
Level 1

Thanks Jim!  This seems to be working now.