Setting Acquisition Program Names in Bulk

Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

Setting Acquisition Program Names in Bulk

Hi - I've recently found out that acquisition programs aren't being set by our Landing Page API connect.

This means we have about 2 years worth of leads who haven't had their acquisition programs recorded (which makes reporting pretty hard)

I can work out whether a lead was acquired by a certain program as they would have been added to a specific list within that program on the same date that they were created.

Ideally I would like to run a campaign that finds all leads within a specific program, whose creation date and added to list date are the same, and then update the acquisition information. However, at the moment the only way I can think of how to do this is by going through each individual date each campaign was live.

Is there a way I can bulk update these leads?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setting Acquisition Program Names in Bulk

Hi Kathryn,

I've had to do something similar in the past and we created a temporary field to identify those where the two dates were true (in your case add to list date and creation date) and then we ran a smart campaign to update the acquisition program field with the program name token. You'd have to build this per program, so that's the only down side...

Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

That sounds perfect!

Where I'm still getting stuck is how to identify a lead where the two dates are true, without searching by individual dates? I tried using the {{lead.Created At}} token under add to list date in the smart list but I got an error saying I had to use a specific date...

Thanks for your help!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kathryn,

You will have to extract Marketo data, process it outside of Marketo, then update your leads through and import.

AFAIK, you will not be able to update the acquisition program and acquisition date directly with import fields, so you may want to add these to proxy fields and run a smart campaign after the import to update the acquisition program and date.

A tool that might make your life simpler is this one: Marketo Excel Add-in – Marketo LaunchPoint . I have not tested it yet, though

-Greg