Re: Set up alert when Sync Person to SFDC Fails?

Kim_Wieczner
Level 3

Set up alert when Sync Person to SFDC Fails?

I am hoping to trigger an alert when the Sync to SFDC activity fails. Does anyone recommendations of how to trigger something like this? I have fixed the error that caused this to fail but I want to be able to monitor anything like this in future. The message I am seeing is indicating failure in the details of the Sync Person to SFDC activity.

Screenshot:

pastedImage_0.png

Kim Burditt
10 REPLIES 10
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are a few existing ideas already. Here’s an example:

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kim;

Not possible. You will find a quite exhaustive list of what's missing in the SFDC connecotr here: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"?

-Greg

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

This is a pain in the arse for sure. I've had a few discussions on the subject and (I am not sure of the validity, but sounds right)...

If you are warehousing your activity detail -- running nightly exports of activity history, that meta data is included in those exports. Then with a few allegedly simply queries depending on your particular setup, you should be able to run a query or BI tool to locate those trouble spots the next day.

I also had some chats with the folks over DigitalPi Consulting​ about a year ago and they were putting together a really slick Omega DigitalPI for monitoring Marketo Health/Syncs/Etc. The turned it into a product/service: OMEGA – Automation Intelligence . I'd suggest checking it out. Note of bias -- I am partial to DigitalPi: they're smart, witty, and get both the human and operational side of marketing.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for the shoutout, David! I'm excited to say that our OMEGA tool has gotten pretty robust over the last year. Kim, if you are interested, I'd be happy to show you how it might be able to help you quickly identify errors like this one.

An alternative suggestion if you are still experiencing this issue. If you have a global campaign to sync leads to SFDC, you can add a wait step to that campaign and then check to see if the person was created in SFDC a few hours later. If they were not, you can send an alert and have a Marketo admin look into it.

Hope this helps!

Rachel (from Digital Pi )

Kim_Wieczner
Level 3

Thanks Rachel. What logic are you applying in your global lead sync campaign (post wait step) to see if the lead was created?

Kim Burditt
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

It's pretty simple! Something like this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 10.36.42 AM.png

Kim_Wieczner
Level 3

this is awesome, thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Kim Burditt
Kelly_Rose
Level 1

Do you have any suggestions for catching SFDC sync errors for contacts or leads that already exist in Salesforce?  I've noticed some sync errors occur when picklist values are updated and selections no longer match the available values for the mapped fields.

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

You can subscribe to Salesforce Sync Errors from the Notifications tab in the Marketo Admin.