Re: Serverside Webhook Example simple capitalization?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Serverside Webhook Example simple capitalization?

Does anyone have example code of PHP handling webhook data and sending a response? I've poked around developers.marketo.com and not found exactly what I'm looking for. 

The process is: 
* Marketo flow action sends a lead's First Name to this [handler].
* [Handler] takes the value as a PHP variable and modifies is.
* [Handler] takes the modified value and spits it back out to Marketo
* Marketo changes lead's value to the new one from the [handler].

I'm sure someone has created the handler with credentials and taking a value and spitting it back out. It's a necessary building block for nearly any webhook processing. Could someone share that piece of the code? I'll buy you a drink/coffee at Marketo Summit!

What I have to do with the values is stupidly-simple. I basically just need to capitalize the first name upon lead creation or form submission. I am stuck on doing this through webhooks, though, as a choice.

(I know there are other solutions for this, such as SFDC or a separate app. It's such a minute problem that I'm not willing to pay for anything, and this is a perfect project to set up a simple "take a value from a webhook, edit the value, and send the value back to update a lead" webhook handler.)

Cheers,
Edward Unthank
Marketing Operations Manager
Yesler
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Edward, 

I have a PHP example where you send it a LeadId, Email and Phone # from MKTO and it parses the phone number and updates a custom field with the parsed 3 digits. 

If it helps, just tell me where to email it.. 😃
Christina_Dearm
Level 2

Hello Mark,

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing. Would you also email me your example? Or perhaps you'd like to post the sample publicly as I am sure it would be of value to lots of folks.

cdearman@farmjournal.com

Thanks,

Christina

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Christina, you might be into our webhooks-as-a-service offering, which serves up common webhook "recipes" -- like the basic titlecase function you're looking for here -- as well as mind-blowing custom code options.  If interested, contact me at sandy@figureone.com or register at http://teknkl.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES! That's exactly what I need, Mark! Could you email it to me at edwardu@yesler.com? 

You're a delight. 🙂

- Edward
Anonymous
Not applicable

Err, from my main community ID now. -- Could you email it to me at edwardu@yesler.com? Thank you so much, Mark!

Best,
Edward Unthank
Anonymous
Not applicable

done and done!  

See you at the Marketo Conference!  

Mojitos are my weakness  ðŸ˜ƒ