SOLVED

Re: Server Clicks

Go to solution
Beth_Rotach
Level 3

Server Clicks

Does anybody see in a lead activity log showing an email click, then email delivered (sometimes then another click)?

We're assuming this is spam/filters on the recipient end checking for legitimacy, and then delivering. However, this is factoring into our click metrics and we're evaluating email performance based on it.

Has anyone else run into this? What do you do about it? Can you filter it out for analytics/making decisions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Incognito mode isn't a good example as cookies can be set in incognito mode, they are just deleted when the window is closed. So, in that case, the Visited Web Page activity would still be recorded. A better example is that the user has cookies completely disabled in their browser so that cookies can't even be set.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, this does happen. Search for other threads for the solution. I think it was difficult to fix.

Beth_Rotach
Level 3

Thanks Josh! I REALLY appreciate it!  I've been searching and can't find anything... any direction?

Shari_Gelfand1
Level 2

Beth - We are also experiencing this issue.  Have you been able to identify a fix yet?  Any additional information you can share would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Venus_Wills
Level 4

Hi Beth, I ran into the same issue. This is the closest "solution" I found: Spam filters registering clicks? But it really depends on what's happening in your system. In my case, the spam filter is only clicking one link in the email. It's logging the "clicked email" activity before the "delivered email" activity, and no "visit webpage" activity was logged afterwards. For my scoring purposes, I'm going to filter out link clicks that aren't accompanies by a visit webpage activity.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

no "visit webpage" activity was logged afterwards.

That's because it isn't running Munchkin on the final destination page.

I'm going to filter out link clicks that aren't accompanies by a visit webpage activity.

I'd be careful with this assumption in general.  The final destination needs to load your Munchkin code for the Visit Web Page activity to be logged, which is not always the case (for example, if you link to a domain you do not control, a Clicked Email without Visited Web Page is expected).

Venus_Wills
Level 4

The destination page is running Munchkin code. The filters I set were "clicked on link containing armor.com" and "not visited webpage containing armor.com." I also checked that a "normal" lead who clicked on the same link in the email did register a "visited webpage" activity. That being said, it is important to make that distinction when using using the clicked email without visiting a webpage filter.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm saying the anti-spam software is not executing Munchkin code, not that the page does not have Munchkin.

And a Visited Web Page action does not always follow a Clicked Link in Email action even when a normal human performs the click.

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Sanford,

Could you please give an example or two for this scenario - a normal human clicks a link in an email, but a visited web page activity is NOT created? I have some campaigns set up similar to the ones Venus is describing so I'm wanting to understand the scenarios in which this will not work.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Could happen for incognito clicks