Sending emails in Japanese

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending emails in Japanese

I apologize for this question, as I know it is redundant, but I've been searching through the Community for a day, and I just can't seem to find a basic answer to what I'm looking for.  The questions I see are from people who are already doing email translations, but not someone who's completely new to it.

My organization has just made the transition from single graphic emails to responsive emails with live text.  That's great, except now we're going to hit a situation where the Japanese language version of the emails will no longer be embedded into the graphic and I need to figure out a way to make it work in HTML.

Could someone point me to a resource that details what I need to do to make this happen?  What asks do I need to have of the person who will be doing the translation regarding formatting or anything?  Once I get the Japanese translation, could I really just drop that into the body of my email after changing the "charset" value in the HTML?  I see discussions about two different sets of Japanese charsets and I'm confused as to which we should use.

I'm surprised it's been so difficult to find a basic article that goes through translations.  Clearly, many of you are doing this, but I don't see where to begin. 
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending emails in Japanese

In general, if you just replace the text it'll work (assuming I'm understanding the question). We encode everything in UTF, so it is fine with non-Roman characters.