SOLVED

Re: Sending email to list based on Custom Field values

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending email to list based on Custom Field values

Hi, new user here.

I've created a custom field in my Marketo database called "Vendor Codes". Each vendor code can have multiple emails attached to it. Is it possible to create a smart list based on an uploaded list of vendor codes?

For example, I have a list of 100 vendor codes. Let's say on average, there are 3 emails associated with each vendor code. So I'd like to send 300 emails to all 300 people. What is the best way to do this within Marketo? Or do I have to create a fancy INDEXED vlookup table to look up multiple values referenced per vendor code, then create a separate list to upload?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

OK Jay Wei​ I think I am following you.  I'm assuming you are wanting to send them all the same email?

If so what I would do is go into the smart list section and search for your field "Vendor Codes" and drag it into the smart list area.  Once there I would make the selection "is" and then hit the little green plus sign to the right of the input field.  A popup will appear allowing you to add multiple values.  I would then just paste in a list of all the vendor codes that you wish to email. 

That should now pull in everyone who has one of those vendor codes.  I have added screenshots below however I do not have a vendor codes field so I have swapped it with the Member of List field.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 7.04.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 7.05.05 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Jay,

Im not sure I follow your question but you should be able to segment the leads based on vendor code in your smart list section.  You could also use the "send" flow step and add choices like "If vendor code is XXX send this email else send a different email".  

Can you give a bit more information about "So I'd like to send 300 emails to all 300 people"?

Thanks,

Gerard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Gerard,

Your suggestion is helpful if the number of vendor codes I'd like to send to is small (~10 or less). It would be easy to add "if Vendor code is XXX" and do this for 10 vendor codes. Unfortunately, my list has ~100 vendor codes.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the number of emails. So, I'd like to send an email to 100 vendors. But each of these vendors have multiple points of contact (e.g. some vendors have 1 email contact, others may have as many as 5). Let's assume, that in this list of 100 vendors, there are 300 points of contact. So I'd like to send a communication to all 300 of these people. I have a list of these 100 vendor codes and am wondering how best to segment or send an email to the 300 email contacts associated with this list of 100 vendor codes.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

OK Jay Wei​ I think I am following you.  I'm assuming you are wanting to send them all the same email?

If so what I would do is go into the smart list section and search for your field "Vendor Codes" and drag it into the smart list area.  Once there I would make the selection "is" and then hit the little green plus sign to the right of the input field.  A popup will appear allowing you to add multiple values.  I would then just paste in a list of all the vendor codes that you wish to email. 

That should now pull in everyone who has one of those vendor codes.  I have added screenshots below however I do not have a vendor codes field so I have swapped it with the Member of List field.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 7.04.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 7.05.05 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Gerard! This is exactly what I was looking for. Did not realize that I could directly copy and paste values into the Multiple Value Chooser. thanks!

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

No problem Jay Wei​, glad you have your issue sorted.