SOLVED

Sending email to a list of people containing unsubscribed

Go to solution
Iulia_Braila
Level 2

Sending email to a list of people containing unsubscribed

Hello Marketo users,

I've recently sent a blast email to a list of external people and I want to send another email to the same audience. As part of the 2st sent I've got some people who've unsubscribed from the email. 

As I am sending the 2nd email to the same list, would Marketo automatically block the email to go to the unsubscribed? or do I have to create a smart campaign for that?

Thank you 🙂

Iulia

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Sending email to a list of people containing unsubscribed

They would be blocked automatically. As long as the system field "Unsubscribed" is set to TRUE and your email is not set to be operational, unsubscribed persons will be not sent any emails. Regardless of your email sending Smart List.

View solution in original post

Hi,

if you upload the list again, Marketo will match people based on their email address. If they had the field unsubscribed set to true, this will remain so after the list upload. Even more, even you delete them and import again, those who were unsubscribed will keep the unsubscribed flag (so called "durable unsubscribe" - read more here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Durable+Unsubscribe)

Kind regards,

Matjaž

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

They would be blocked automatically. As long as the system field "Unsubscribed" is set to TRUE and your email is not set to be operational, unsubscribed persons will be not sent any emails. Regardless of your email sending Smart List.

Iulia_Braila
Level 2

Hello @Michael_Florin 

Thank you very much for taking your time to respond to my question. 🙂 Very much appreciated

Right, so it means that when I will re-upload the list, Marketo will detect those people automatically in the database based on the unsubscribed system field? I've created a smart list to see the specific people who've unsubscribed and the system field is set to true for those people so that's working.

Iulia

Hi,

if you upload the list again, Marketo will match people based on their email address. If they had the field unsubscribed set to true, this will remain so after the list upload. Even more, even you delete them and import again, those who were unsubscribed will keep the unsubscribed flag (so called "durable unsubscribe" - read more here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Durable+Unsubscribe)

Kind regards,

Matjaž