Re: Sending alerts to reps AND to their managers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending alerts to reps AND to their managers

We send new lead alerts to sales reps (assignment controlled in SFDC and then called in Marketo as "lead owner"), but we also need to alert the sales reps' managers when leads stay in "new" status too long (aren't marked as having been contacted).

The managers only want to be alerted to their own sales reps' leads. How can this be set up? Is there a way to do, "if lead owner is xxx, send alert to xxx account owner"?
6 REPLIES 6
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hi Jennefer,

I think I'd use a segmentation for this. I'd create different segments by Manager. So in one you'd have a list of lead owners or lead owner email addresses in the smart list and would name this segment by manager.

Then when setting up alerts you would say if "Manager segment" (or whatever you name it) = --, send alert to (manager name).

Does that make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

This does make sense. Using "manager segment" is new to me. I will go ahead and give that a try. Thanks!
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Yeah, for me we do this by territory and send to the managers so my segments are based off of divisions. But I think the manager segments would work for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the first notion was to use the territories but that is going to take a lot of work. Question re: segments...what part of this is set up in SFDC?
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Segments are created in the Lead Database tab in Marketo. If you scroll down the list, it's usually close to the bottom. Here's an article on them: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LBEqCAO

There's no setup in SFDC, it will just pull the information that's already syncing over... Just like smart lists.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Another option here if you have the Manager listed on the record in Marketo would be to send the alert to {{lead.Manager}} where manager = whatever your field name is.

0EM50000000Rusz.jpg

You can put a token into send alerts for triggered flows, but not batch flows.