SOLVED

Sending a transactional email through marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending a transactional email through marketo

Good morning.  My company recently held a webinar and we are trying to send a follow-up transactional email to contacts that registered for the webinar.  Some of these contacts were registered as unsubscribed and did not receive the follow-up email when we initially sent it yesterday afternoon.  Is there a way to create a transactional email within marketo that can bypass our contacts settings so they can receive our follow-up emails due to registering for our events?

Thank you.

Shane Sandifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sending a transactional email through marketo

Hi Shane - as far as I know, Marketo will still send the operational email even though the "smart list status" on the "schedule" tab of the smart campaign may say otherwise.  I don't believe it takes into account operational emails.  You might want to test this to be absolutely certain (e.g., enter your personal email address as a record in Marketo, mark unsubscribe=true and setup a batch campaign to send yourself an operational email

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response Dan.  I found this option in the settings but when I applied it in an experiment, my results showed the same number of blocked contacts that was shown prior to applying this setting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or are the blocked contacts going to receive the operational email even though they are labeled as blocked in marketo. (In this case, the email I am trying to send is supposed to send to 410 contacts but marketo blocks 25 of them, which causes only 385 contacts to receive this email.  When I tried labeling this email as an operational email, the same numbers appeared (410 contacts with marketo blocking 25 of them).  But will those 25 contacts still receive this email if it is labeled as operational even if marketo is labeling these contacts as blocked contacts even after I turn on the operation email setting for this email)?

Thank you.

Shane Sandifer

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Shane - as far as I know, Marketo will still send the operational email even though the "smart list status" on the "schedule" tab of the smart campaign may say otherwise.  I don't believe it takes into account operational emails.  You might want to test this to be absolutely certain (e.g., enter your personal email address as a record in Marketo, mark unsubscribe=true and setup a batch campaign to send yourself an operational email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good.  Thank you again for your help.