Re: Sending a Birthday Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending a Birthday Email

We would like to send an email each day on a customers birthday. We have read other articles, but putting the date in the future will not work for us (because our birth dates contain the year). Is there a more updated way to do this? We found this link Sending a Birthday Message but a lot of the information doesn't appear to be updated.

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products​ to continue (this space is for general, non-Marketo-specific discush).

The procedure hasn't changed. I don't know what you mean by "our birth dates contain the year" -- so does the Date of Birth ​field.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's pretty clear that the Wait Step has "Next Anniversary" of this Date.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

?

I'm saying the procedure uses a Date field, which always contains a year. So why would "our birth dates contain the year" be exceptional?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The listed field "Campaign is Requested" does not appear the same as it is on the listed directions.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's a trigger, not a field.

Read it carefully. He's saying two campaigns:

1. Batch that calls the Request

2. Trigger that gets called to handle trigger issues.

Not always required in this way. What is your use case?

Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Hi Josh -  Is there a difference in how you would set this up to find new or existing leads whose Date of Births are updated at a future point in time?  If I'm understanding correctly, a batch campaign as you outline above would only find the leads who already have Date of Birth info.  I want to do that, but I also want to continue triggering birthday emails when any given lead's Date of Birth is populated in the future by our sales team. 

My idea (so far) is to set up one trigger campaign with a "Data Value Changes" trigger to listen for changes to the Date of Birth field (with a constraint = New Value is not empty).  Then the flow would contain the anniversary Wait Step and Send Email.

DataValueChanges.jpg

Flow.jpg