I have a simple requirement. We are participating in an "Event", the event organizers have sent us a list of people who have registered for the event.
I want to send an email to the entire list and perform two actions: ( My Goals )
1) In case someone opens the email, I want them to be added to list "X".
2) In case someone clicks on the register now button, I want them to added to list "Y".
My implementation approach is as follows:
1) Created a program of type "Event" and channel is "Tradeshow"
2) Created a list of people whom i want to send the email, by importing data from CSV.
3) Created the email content.
4) Created a smart campaign.
5) In Smart Campaign under the Smart List I created a filter as "Member of List" and selected the list name I created in step 2 above.
6) This is where the confusion starts, from this point onwards I'm not sure how do I add Trigger or Flow such that I achieve my two goals as mentioned above.
Suggestions/help would be useful.
In the most simplest way, you would create 2 more smart campaigns.
one with a trigger "opens email" and flow "add to list" > X
one with a trigger "clicks link in email" and flow "add to list" > Y
Thanks Jay. WIll try this out. I had a related query, in email there could be multiple links. I want the trigger when user clicks a specific link like "Register Now" button. How do we get this done ?
We did create 3 campaigns as follows:
1) Campaign A: Sends email to a list of people.
2) Campaign B: Triggers when someone opens an email, which is used in Campaign A. It adds the people to a list B.
3) Campaign C: Triggers when someone clicks a specific link in email, which is used in Campaign A. It adds the people to a list C.
We activated Campaign B&C first and later ran Campaign A once.
4 emails were sent as part of Campaign A, and we ( my colleague & myself ), did open email and clicked on link as well.
Problem is we dont see any trigger in Campaign B or C. Also in Campaign A we dont see any opens in the report, only we see 4 email sent.
What could be the issue ?
Can you post screenshots of your smart campaigns.
Also, sometimes it might take a few minutes for the triggers to react to clicks and opens...