SOLVED

Send email in batches from A/B test email program

Go to solution
Highlighted
Level 5

Send email in batches from A/B test email program

I have a smart list of 83,000 leads and ran an A/B test on 10% this morning. I scheduled for the winner to run the remaining 90% tomorrow morning, but worry about the volume of leads being emailed at once.

How can I send the email in batches from the email program? Or can I add the following flow to the program?

In your campaign under the "Flow" tab setup the flow as follows:

1. Send Email - "Add Choice" - Random Sample "is" 25(%). Email = XX

2. Remove from Flow - "Add choice" - Was Sent Email "is" XX. Campaign "is" XYZ (This is the campaign you are currently working in)

3. Wait "1 hour"

4. Send Email - "Add Choice" - Random Sample "is" 25(%). Email = XX

5.  Remove from Flow - "Add choice" - Was Sent Email "is" XX. Campaign "is" XYZ

6. Wait "1 hour"

7. Send Email - "Add Choice" - Random Sample "is" 25(%). Email = XX

8. Remove from Flow - "Add choice" - Was Sent Email "is" XX. Campaign "is" XYZ

9. Wait "1 hour"

10. Send Email "is" Email = XX (This last send should send to all in the list that are left. All others would have been removed from the flow in previous flow steps)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Send email in batches from A/B test email program

if you are going to do this, you should run separate smart campaigns as well as breakdown the 90% into several static lists using Random Sample.

  1. Breakdown 90% list using random sample smart campaign.
  2. schedule batches over time to each randomly selected list

It's actually quite fine to send to large groups; I do it all the time. The only caveat is if you are warming a new IP OR if that 90% group is stale (over 12 months old).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Send email in batches from A/B test email program

if you are going to do this, you should run separate smart campaigns as well as breakdown the 90% into several static lists using Random Sample.

  1. Breakdown 90% list using random sample smart campaign.
  2. schedule batches over time to each randomly selected list

It's actually quite fine to send to large groups; I do it all the time. The only caveat is if you are warming a new IP OR if that 90% group is stale (over 12 months old).

View solution in original post