SOLVED

Send different versions of the same newsletter within one Program

Go to solution
Courtney_Graham
Level 1

Send different versions of the same newsletter within one Program

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I haven't been able to find anything.

We've recently started communicating to our customers directly via an e-Newsletter. The 1st was sent recently and while we had a v.low engagement score we had a relatively good open rate for a cold-email and want to look at sending different versions of the next newsletter to customers depending on how they engaged with us:

• If Filled out form X, Send Email 1
  • If Clicked link X, Send Email 2
  • Etc... etc

Can anyone recommend a set up?

I'm thinking a default program with multiple emails that are sent using one smart campaign based on filtering in the flow step could work but I prefer the reporting from the email program. I'm also looking into engagement programs which I don't have much experience with, most of my experience is with Email programs for single sends and Default Programs to 'nest' Email Programs or send emails using Smart Campaigns.

(Please note: our source data's quite restrictive, at the moment I'm receiving an extract from our IT team and importing this as a list because our systems can't 'talk' to each other and we're not using segmentation yet)

THANKS!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Send different versions of the same newsletter within one Program

Hey Courtney,

Yes, you'd do this as a default program with two emails and choice steps in the send email flow step.

You will not get the same dashboard view with a default program that you do with an email program, but the benefits of a default program's flexibility far outweigh the benefits of the email program dashboard, in my opinion (many of us eventually move away from using email programs for most use cases for this reason - I don't really use them much at all).

This wouldn't be a use case for an engagement program, and not having a CRM connection won't impact your ability to uses a default program

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Courtney,

Yes, you'd do this as a default program with two emails and choice steps in the send email flow step.

You will not get the same dashboard view with a default program that you do with an email program, but the benefits of a default program's flexibility far outweigh the benefits of the email program dashboard, in my opinion (many of us eventually move away from using email programs for most use cases for this reason - I don't really use them much at all).

This wouldn't be a use case for an engagement program, and not having a CRM connection won't impact your ability to uses a default program

Hope that helps.

Courtney_Graham
Level 1

Awesome, I’ll stick with the default program.

Thanks Grace!

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

You're welcome! Please mark my answer as correct so that this thread shows as answered

(and say hi to Jeff from me )