Re: Send copy of email to another mailbox as well?

Damian_Ramondet
Level 1

Send copy of email to another mailbox as well?

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a way to send emails that are sent as part of a campaign to another (internal) email address as well?

The situation is that at present our sales team have no way of seeing the emails that are sent, and if we could send a duplicate of the emails sent to sales targets into our worklow inbox they'd be able to search them via an email address or reference number.

Thanks, Damian

16 REPLIES 16
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please see these search results for "CC" and the comments on this Idea:

Damian_Ramondet
Level 1

Thanks. Will raise a support case for BCC function.

Cheers.

Vidhi_Khare
Level 1

Hi Sanford Whiteman‌,

Just bumped into this question as we are also trying to send copy of email to an external emails address.

Is it not appropriate to send the same email to another email address using Send Alert in Flow Step.

Example: If X person has received the email and has specific information in that email , then using the same email in the Flow Step, the information can be sent to another email address. 

Am I correct in my understanding of the steps.

Please confirm.

SanfordWhiteman

You can use the CC function now (it exists).

Vidhi_Khare
Level 1

Hi Sanford Whiteman‌,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, we can not use CC function as we do not want our leads to know that the same email is going to our sales team. As they are just trying to make sure that email is correct.

That is why, we are exploring avenues to achieve the outcome.

SanfordWhiteman

Alert would be suitable for this.

Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

Hi Damian,

I am sure you must have read the idea shared by Sanford, he is always a go to person for any issue in Marketo be it any functionality or code or any other technical understanding. 

I just want to reiterate that if you include any one in CC then their activities on the email will also be included in campaign report.

Regards,

AC

Abhishek Chandra
Jon_Wright
Level 4

Marketo Sales Insight may help with this, your sales team would be able to see all emails that have been sent to a contact within the Salesforce contact record. 

SanfordWhiteman

But not with personalization (which presumably is part of the proofing process).