Send Sample Email without Tracked Links?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send Sample Email without Tracked Links?

I just realized that our sample email sends are sending with tracked links,  inadvertently causing us to spread cookies around the team. Is there a way to test send emails without the tracked links?? I think is a result of recent changes to Marketo's functionality. 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Send Sample Email without Tracked Links?

Hey,

If you look about half way down these release notes, that section may help!

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LIx8CAG#link-tracking-in-text-emails

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kim but all this does it tell me that this "problem" now exists, but not really a way to test emails WITHOUT the tracked links. Our teams have a habit of testing emails by clicking all the links etc. and having tracked links can be a problem obviously when we're now all cookied as the same lead. i wonder how everyone else is working with sample emails? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohhhhh i just figured it out! You don't HAVE to select a lead when you send a sample email - and therefore the email sample will be just using tokens and untracked links. WOW that was a simple solution.  I had no idea. Thanks for your responses. 
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Hi Naor,

We are working on fixing a few issues with sample emails associated to a specific lead, including the issue you mention above. This will be fixed in the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can either delete your cookies after clicking a link (this will prevent any issues) or simply omit an individual lead as you describe. 

Thanks,
Justin
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Update: this has been fixed.