Re: Send Sales Insight Deliverability Feedback to Reps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send Sales Insight Deliverability Feedback to Reps

Hi Marketo,

Looking to set up  some type of notification to our sales rep if the email they send to a lead in sales insight (SFDC plug-in) gets blocked because the leads' unsubscribed. We have the field visible to them so they would know looking at the record if the lead / contact is unsubscribed but that's not always reliable.

Anyone have something set up to alert leads when the sales insight email is blocked?

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jessica,

This is not a deliverability issue per se, as if the email address is unsubscribed, the email is not even sent. And so the difficulty with your request is that the "was sent sales email" filter will not return the persons.

I suggest that you make sure that the opt-out information is made available for the sales to see it in the CRM.

Vote here:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Greg. I was afraid that was going to be the issue. As I mentioned, the reps can see the email opt out field in salesforce but again, it's not always top of mind when trying to connect with a lead. I was hoping we could implement something to alert them that the lead was not sent an email as an added bonus for them.

I voted for the idea -- sounds like a necessity for a lot of Marketo users!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jessica,

I ran a complete test and can confirm that if the lead is unsubscribe and the MDI email is not operational, NOTHING shows in the lead activity, meaning that no filter nor trigger will detect it.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And vote here:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg,

I noticed the same things in my MSI. Great idea there! Voted again.

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Jessica,

We had the same problem as reps thought Marketo Sales Insight simply wasn't working. We actually also ended up enabling the "Email Invalid" field on Leads/Contacts as well so that they could get a better understanding if the email was not delivered for that reason.

Lauren

Chelsea_Stinnet
Level 3

How I'm interpreting this is if a lead has "email invalid" in Marketo (from spam blocking or unsubscribing) and a sales person sends them a Sales Insight template from either DCRM or Outlook, will they will not receive the email. Is this true?